Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Sensory Bin for Toddlers

Christmas Sensory Bin for Toddlers

Fine motor skills, sensory play, matching and sorting... It's also super quick and fun to make! For the base, I used rice, shredded a golden tinsel, and added some sparkling confetti. The colors are red, green, and yellow, and so are the pegs and the peg boards. I didn't buy anything for it. There is more then enough Christmas-y stuff on hand - I suspect I had more fun making it then Camilla will while playing in it.
Fine Motor Skills for Toddlers

Fine Motor Skills

I added different size and shape containers and cups, jingle bells, stickers, craft sticks. I hope our peg boards will gain the new appeal with this bin.
Fine Motor Skills for Toddlers
There is a hidden forest behind the bottles. These are left over stickers.
Fine Motor Skills for Toddlers
The houses are actually the gift bags. One is filled with craft sticks and buttons, the other is filled with the pegs. They were found and greatly appreciated by the kids as building materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment